Red Hat OpenStack Backup and Recovery
Trilio for Red Hat OpenStack is one of the factors that has enabled us to become a Tier 1 partner of Red Hat and is fully integrated into Red Hat OpenStack Platform
100% Native Red Hat OpenStack Protection
Protect and Restore Virtual Machines with Trilio One-Click Restore
Watch the video to see the simplicity of restoring Virtual Machines and all of their associated Cinder Volumes, Network information and Metadata with a one-click restore.
Designed exclusively for Red Hat OpenStack
Trilio is a Tier 1 Partner of Red Hat
Trilio has been providing enterprise protection for Red Hat OpenStack Platform since RHOSP10. With RHOSP18 around the corner, trust the backup solution designed for OpenStack.
With Trilio and Red Hat, you receive Enterprise class, backup-as-a-service whether you are a small business, telco operator or managed service provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Trilio performs application-centric backups, meaning Trilio includes everything which is required to be able to recover your entire application
Trilio collects the following during a backup:
- Complete Disk Volumes (Boot and Cinder) at the Block Storage Level
- Complete Network Topology (including Subnets, Networks, Ports and capture MAC address)
- Storage Volumes from Cinder, or directly from Ceph for very efficient backups
- Cinder Volume Configuration, Cinder Types, Metadata
- Security Groups and Keys
- VMs (Single or Multiple VMs)
- VM Metadata & Flavors (Size of VMs)
- Boot Image and overlays
There are a multiple options to recover your workloads.
- Operational Recovery (on the fly)
- Disaster Recovery
- New Availability Zone
- New Clouds
- Files/Folder-Level Restore
In general it is up to your Role-Based-Access-Control policy who gets the permission to recover workloads and applications.
Common Roles are for instance:
- Cloud Administrators
- Backup Administrators
- Tenants / Project User