OpenStack Backup and Recovery
Trilio for OpenStack has been the leader in enterprise-level OpenStack Virtual Machine and Cinder Volume backup and recovery service since 2013.
Save the day with just one click
Restore Virtual Machines with Trilio One-Click Restore
Watch the video to see the simplicity of restoring Virtual Machines and all of their associated Cinder Volumes, Network information and Metadata with a one-click restore.
Designed exclusively for OpenStack
Frequently Asked Questions
Trilio performs application-centric backups, meaning Trilio includes everything which is required to be able to recover your entire application
Trilio collects the following during a backup:
- Complete Disk Volumes (Boot and Cinder) at the Block Storage Level
- Complete Network Topology (including Subnets, Networks, Ports and capture MAC address)
- Storage Volumes from Cinder, or directly from Ceph for very efficient backups
- Cinder Volume Configuration, Cinder Types, Metadata
- Security Groups and Keys
- VMs (Single or Multiple VMs)
- VM Metadata & Flavors (Size of VMs)
- Boot Image and overlays
There are a multiple options to recover your workloads.
- Operational Recovery (on the fly)
- Disaster Recovery
- New Availability Zone
- New Clouds
- Files/Folder-Level Restore
In general it is up to your Role-Based-Access-Control policy who gets the permission to recover workloads and applications.
Common Roles are for instance:
- Cloud Administrators
- Backup Administrators
- Tenants / Project User