By Trilio Content Team | October 12, 2021
Company Emphasizes Protection Against the ‘Backup Attack Vector’ from Ransomware; Announces Key Wins and Ecosystem Momentum
LOS ANGELES, CA — October 12, 2021 — KUBECON + CLOUDNATIVECON North America —
At this week’s KubeCon + CloudNativeCon event in Los Angeles and virtually, Trilio will showcase advancements in data protection and management to help users achieve the resiliency of their cloud-native applications. Trilio will feature its latest release of Trilio for Kubernetes v2.5, emphasizing new capabilities that protect users from ransomware attacks that rely on corrupting backups in a cloud-native architecture. Additionally, the company has announced new customer wins and the expansion of technology partnerships. Trilio is one of the leading providers of data protection for cloud-native applications.
“Ransomware is a massive problem. Anyone deploying Kubernetes needs to accept the increasing risks as the number of production deployments rises across the industry. Compounding this is the reality that attack sophistication is increasing as well. An organization’s backups are its only hope of recovery. Naturally, the backups are a prime target for these bad actors,” said David Safaii, CEO, Trilio. “Builders and operators of cloud-native applications must take a proactive approach to ransomware protection and recoverability. Architecting a zero trust data protection strategy and management framework can no longer be an afterthought.”
Visit Platinum event sponsor Trilio at Booth P17 to Wake Up to the Power of Cloud-Native Data Protection technology at the KubeCafe (or Virtual Booth in the Solution Showcase)
At KubeCon, Trilio’s cloud-native experts will display how customers solve key IT or DevOps challenges thru the power of cloud-native data protection and management technology:
- Multi-Cloud Protection Realized: Tours of the Trilio Management Console displaying intuitive click-driven workflows to set data protection policies, complete migrations, and implement DR initiatives across any platform, cloud, or infrastructure.
- Application Mobility Realized: Demos of the TVK GitHub Actions Runner which empowers developers to run test/dev with production data as they are checking in code to improve software reliability and time-to-market, leveraging integrations with GitOps environments.
- Disaster Recovery Realized: Preview of a new capability that offers continuous restore across a multi-cloud environment to provide application recoverability or portability in a matter of seconds, reducing Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Ransomware Protection Realized: Demos of TVK v2.5 will display protection (and recoverability) for backup attack vectors such as backup target corruption and management console vulnerabilities.
Safaii continued, “It’s been two years, so we’re excited to be back in person at KubeCon, meeting with community members and learning from each other. There’s an impressive amount of innovation happening at the intersection of cloud, application development, and containers. The conference theme of ‘Resilience Realized’ is an appropriate indicator of where organizations are at in their cloud-native journey. Trilio is looking forward to doing our part to help the community implement resilient cloud-native applications through best practices and use cases from our global customer base.”
Join Trilio’s Director of Product in Petree Hall D or Online to Learn the Business Value of Implementing Data Management for your Cloud-Native Apps
New Customers and Ecosystem Integrations Underscore Enterprise Adoption
- Recent customer wins supporting multi-cloud Kubernetes deployments include a South American telecommunications provider, a US-based MSP specializing in software development, a large US defense and space provider, a global software technology corporation, and a financial services firm in Israel.
- Expanding the number of solution integrations and use cases with key Kubernetes platforms including:
- Core-to-Edge solution with SUSE Rancher that improves availability for edge clouds and helps customers better curate data.
- GitOps application recoverability with Red Hat OpenShift provides protection for GitOps tools and meets compliance requirements.
- Partnership with HP Ezmeral Container Platform provides a unified container software platform to run and manage Kubernetes applications at scale on any infrastructure.
- VMware Partner Ready solution for Tanzu offers enterprise-class data protection capabilities for users of VMware Tanzu Grid (TKG).
- Cloud backup for IBM Cloud deployments with both Red Hat OpenShift and IBM Kubernetes Service.
- Partnership with Mirantis offers cloud-native application resiliency and DR for Mirantis Kubernetes Engine (MKE) users.
- Support for monitoring Velero backups.
- Monitoring and alerting capabilities for your Trilio platform using Slack, Microsoft Teams, and other popular tools.
- Trilio now has 10 patents or patents pending for cloud-native data protection.
- Company expansion across product and go-to-market functions with three new senior-level team members with SaaS/Cloud, Cyber Security, and Data Protection experience:
- Ginay Tannenbaum – VP of Human Resources
- Sarah Goodchild – Sr Director of Global Channel Sales
- Lou Lou Healey – Sr Director of Global Field & Partner Marketing
“We’re bullish on the talent that Trilio continues to attract, as these individuals bring the skills that will help us realize the opportunity in front of us. Diversity in our team and the corresponding diversity of thinking is an important focal point as we scale to help us better represent the voice of our customers,” said Safaii.
Analysts Validate Trilio for Kubernetes
A new IDC report explores the state of the container market and requirements for protection and migration of persistent storage, including reasons why traditional data protection methods don’t scale well in containerized environments.
Trilio was also recently named as a Sample Vendor in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Storage and Data Protection Technologies, 2021, and the Gartner Hype Cycle Midsize Enterprises, 2021 reports in the Container Backup category (Gartner subscription required).
Trilio is a leader in cloud-native data protection for Kubernetes, OpenStack, and Red Hat Virtualization environments. Our Trilio technology is trusted by cloud infrastructure operators and developers for backup and recovery, migration, and application mobility. Customers in telecom, defense, automotive, and financial services leverage Trilio to recover from disasters, migrate workloads, move workloads to new infrastructure, and migrate to new software distributions. Trilio.io, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Cathey Communications for Trilio